Welcome to the Quick Base University blog! Each month the Training Team uses this space to highlight a list of courses that we’ve recently created or updated along with a "Did You Know" training tip.
Q03: 2018 Continuing Education – Q3
This course covers a few highlights of Quick Base product releases over the third quarter (July – September), including:
- The ability to copy an automation, saving you time
- Detailed logging of an automation's runs, helping you with troubleshooting
- Date fields in the query builder, allowing you to filter automations with more precision and less effort
- Advanced Data Encryption with Customer-Managed Encryption Keys
- Integration with Identity Management Systems (IdM, such as Okta and OneLogin)
The Continuing Ed courses serve two key purposes:
- Provide timely information on new app builder features released each quarter
- Allow Certified Quick Base Builders to renew their certifications without having to retake the exam
Recently Updated Course
FF08: Distributing Data with Reports > Creating a Kanban Report
In this fundamental course on reports, you’ll look at the different types of reports and various ways to organize and present your data in whatever format will be most effective for your users.
This month we’ve added a lesson on the popular new Kanban reports, a highly visual way to view your data. A common use case is project management: projects or tasks are represented by cards that you drag between columns. The columns can represent team members or project statuses. For example, you could reassign a project by dragging it from Marcia’s column to Greg’s, or you could drag a task from the In-Process column to Completed.
On our training team, we use a Kanban report to track job candidates and their statuses in our interview process (Resume Received, Phone Screen, First Round Interview, Second Round Interview, Offer Extended, Accepted, Declined, Eliminated). We can quickly view the status of every candidate in the pipeline and drag them from one status to another.
Check out the Creating a Kanban Report lesson and start dreaming up ways you can use them on your team!
Did You Know...
... the power and flexibility of Kanban reports?
Our customers are finding many creative uses for Kanban reports, a slick new way to view a table’s data. In a Kanban report, you can quickly view and modify your data in different ways, including:
- Dragging cards between columns and manually reordering them within a column, instantly changing the records’ related fields.
- Adding a card to any column. (A)
- Dynamically filtering the cards shown in the report. (B)
- Color-coding cards for easy reference. (Currently, color-coding is done with formulas, but watch for the new color picker, coming soon!)
You can create Kanban reports with a variety of field types, including multiple choice, user, duration, predecessor, time of day, and more. Share your Kanban use cases in the comments or start up a conversation in the Reports & Charts category of Community!
Learn more about this and other Kanban report features in the new Creating a Kanban Report lesson in the fundamental course FF08: Distributing Data with Reports.
Be the first to post a reply!