Forum Discussion

StephenMorrell
Qrew Trainee
8 years ago

Manage Support Cases"" type App?

So I've recently used the "Manage Support Cases" support here in QB.  I actually loved the way it looked and was used.  Submit a question and then start a chain of responses.  Does anyone know of an App here in the Community that works a lot like that?

4 Replies

• If you want something that allows you to add an activity to a case and then "thread" replies to that first activity, there is an app called "Discussion Forum" that has an example of a method you could use. 

If you are ok with having a case and seeing a list of activities in newest to oldest order (not threaded), there are a few apps in the App Exchange that I built when I worked at QuickBase that would do the trick.

You might look at:

Customer Service Help Desk
    IT Ticket Help Desk
    Support Customers

Good Luck!
  • I am having trouble after I sign in and try to get get on the orientation it sends me this error. I tried google chrome, internet explorer, and edge as a brower. I am not working for a company, I am trying to learn how to use the system so I can get a job and was told to go to the university site.

AlexCertificati
      Qrew Cadet
      I believe you need to be logged into a valid QB account before QBU will let you access any content. So, open a new browser tab, log into your QB account (https://[your-domain].quickbase.com/), reload the QBU tab and you should be good to go on the QBU side. This is definitely a confusing structure, especially since (as shown in your screenshot), you can simultaneously be logged into a QBU profile but insufficiently logged into "Quick Base".

If that doesn't work, you probably want to do something other than comment on an unrelated community thread from 2 years ago - open a support case with QB or at least post a new post in the community forum.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Erika,

I am sorry to hear you are running into issues with accessing Quick Base University. In order to make use of Quick Base University currently you would need to not only have a Quick Base user to sign in with but also be tied to either an active Quick Base Account or Trial. A user not tied to either would get an error when trying to make use of resources within the University. If you are continuing to have an issue with signing in I would recommend like Alex that you submit a support case with our Care team and they can help you resolve that issue or help walk you through creating a trial of your own to get started trying out Quick Base. You can create a support case when signed into Quick Base by clicking on the question mark icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen and selecting "Manage Support Cases" or directly here.

Thank you very much for your interest Erika.