Forum Discussion

GeetanjaliGeeta
Qrew Trainee
10 years ago

Restrict the roles with ""Test as another role"" option

Hi,

"Test this app another role" option is coming when we have full administrator or basic access with sharing. But its showing all the roles irrespective to the roles user is having in "Users" table and also its not restricting user from operations which are declared role wise.

in the user preference unchecking "Test as another role" also not playing without basic access sharing.

I need urgent help on this.

I do not want to show my client all the roles but one person can have two roles so i have to give test as another role option.

Not getting a secure way to achieve this.

5 Replies

• Test As Role is not intended for that purpose.  It will always allow all Roles.

You should focus on the app behavior you are trying to achieve for that special person who does a job which crosses two Roles.  Note that Users may be in multiple Roles.  The user will see the dash word and tables of the First Role they are in, according to the listed sequence of the Roles (which you can drag and drop to sequence) and that user would have the MOST permissions possible based in both roles.
  • i have a scenario where my client will play two roles among 5 roles. So he should get test as another role for him but he should not see all other roles . Now he is able to see all other roles and able to do all role operation which i want to restrict. Is there any way to achieve this?
  • I used to have the option to "Test As" and I can no longer find the option.  Could you tell me how to locate it again?

EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Carol,

The Test as a User ability should appear when you are signed into an App you are an admin in when you click on your name where it appears in the upper right hand corner of an application. 

If it isn't showing up in that dropdown any longer I would suggest taking a look at your role in the application and make sure that Test as User hasn't been hidden under the User Interface options in your role. I would also check in with your Account Admin to see if they possibly disabled it for your Account. I hope this information is helpful Carol.