Forum Discussion

MarcNelson
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

calculated column for unique records

I have a list of records which lists data of different dates for each employee.

There are multiple employees listed in the same table but each employee may have multiple records. Each Record has a field that has a number that will need to be calculated into a "Total" field. Sort of like a summary report but I need it to be a field so that I will always know what employee has the highest number at any given time. Any ideas?

6 Replies

• Yes, I do...

Here are the Tables I have:

Employee List
    Overtime List

The "Employee List" feeds the Overtime List with Each Employee has many records.

Within the Overtime list, I would create a record each time an employee has overtime. In that record, there is a field that indicates how many hours of overtime they worked such as 1, 4, or 8, etc.

On that list, I need to indicate at all times how many hours of Overtime they have worked.
  • If you just want to have a summary of the total overtime, go to the relationship and create a Summary field to total the overtime. Is that what you want? 

Your first question is different from your second question.
  • Im sorry, I am a little new at this so I am probably asking it wrong. I have tried the summary and it shows the number I need. The issue is, I need that number to be in a field for each employee on every record. This will allow for me to sort for reports that require the employee with the most Overtime to be on top. I hope that makes more sense. I appreciate the help! 
  • No problem, just lookup the field probably called [Total Overtime] down to the time records. Just go back into the settings for the relationship and add a lookup field on the right side.