Forum Discussion

LesKimbler
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Dynamic Filter records not showing when clicked

I am administrator on an app and have full permissions for the app.

I have dynamic filters with one based on Division name of the customer on the left side of the screen. The filter shows there are 18 separate division names it pulls from the records. Of the 18 different division names, when I click for the individual filter, 17 of them work properly & filter to that division's records.
But there is one division when you click it, it returns no records, even though there are multiple records with this division name.

Since the dynamic filter pulls the data in this field to create the filter, why would it not return the records that match?

4 Replies

• When you do a search using the search filter at the top of any repor, the text OR in upper case and also AND in upper case, have special meaning. They mean, for example OR as in a choice, and not the state of ORegin, for example.

So it's the same with AND. If you want it to work, you could have a new formula field that leave all the other choices alone, but for that one choice chnages the and to lower case. Then use that as a filter instead.

i.e., you will have your regular Division field and then another field called Division for df and use that as your dynamic filter.
  • Thanks for the help. That fixed my issue. The import had all the division names in Capital letters. The one giving me the issue had AND in it.
    Will have to remember that all cap AND & OR can do that.

Thanks again.