Forum Discussion

ShihadShihad
Qrew Cadet
8 years ago

Form time counter

Hi

I would like to send a notification after 48 hours based on date created field in the form. At the same time i want to run some javascript code. is that possible ? 
Another requirement is, when a user change a value in a listbox and save the record, that time the counter needs to put on hold. Then the notification should not be sent.

The same counter should start again after the listbox field change to another value. Again notification should go when 48 hours is met.

Thanks

7 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Making these type of requirements is not a native solution.  And would need a bit of work around to get exactly what you are asking.  

Can you describe your problem you are trying to solve?  This might present us with many different options or angles in which to solve the problem, and not solve the proposed solution.
      ShihadShihad
      Qrew Cadet
      Actually we would like to have a notification option for a form after xx hours from the Date created. Is it possible control this counter based on another field value ? Like..sometimes i want to pause the timer. Sometimes resume it.

Let me explain my scenario,
      A user submitted a request form. If it is not resolved within xx hours , we want to send a notification to the admin. We can understand whether it is resolved or not by checking a status field. This is the normal case. 

Another scenario is, suppose 10 hours passed after submitting this request by the user.Then the admin, changing the status of the record into 'On hold'. Then i wanted to stop the timer, and it should not send the notification.  

When the same status back to 'In progress', timer should resume or start a fresh count.
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    One option to take care of the status changes and keep track of the time it is 'on the clock' would be to create a "Status Change" table.  

You will use native API_AddRecord calls to make status updates, it will create a record, with a specific status.

After the relationship is made you'd need to add a few summary fields to bring the most recent record ID, so when you later push the next "Status Change" button option, it will close out the old record with API_Edit then create another status via API_Add.

There will be several summaries and lookups going back and forth to help total your time, but this will be the cleanest way to do it, and things can get updated with just ONE click, rather than several or relying on messy form rules to start and stop timers.
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Did you guys get this sorted out in time for your client? 
      ShihadShihad
      Qrew Cadet
      Hi
      We just started it. The total active time we calculated correctly. But sending notification based on this field is failed.
      MCFNeil
      Qrew Captain
      You'll need to set up the notification process based on some reporting criteria.  Then have a button that will send that notification if it meets the requirements.