Report showing accumulating numbers by month

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
I am tracking customers of a subscription service. I wanted to show a mix of customer type (there are 5 different types of customers) by month. At first I created a summary table with # of customers as the summarized data (percentage of column), with customer type as the row grouping, and subscription start date as the column grouping, combined by month. That was a great start: on the left is a list of types, across the top are the months, and I'm seeing the percent mix in each month.

That gives me the mix of types in the month that they subscribed, but then I realized I'd like to see the numbers accumulate each month - in other words, in the February column, not only does it count the new customers in the month of February, but also the customers that signed up in January that are still subscribing (but I don't want to include customers that cancelled service in January).

I'm not sure how to do this other than create a really complicated formula checkbox to evaluate whether a subscriber was active in a particular month.The formula seemed to get complicated quickly, and I think it requires a separate field for each month (and I'm not sure even that would get this looking the way I need it).

Any suggestions? Please let me know if I need to clarify.
Photo of mfitzg

mfitzg

• 0 Points

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mark_Shnier

Mark_Shnier

• 570 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Did you explore the option on Summary reports for running totals across (or down) the page? Its an option as to how you show the numbers you are totalling.