I'm relative new to QuickBase and perhaps my question is already answered before also I'm not sure how to discribe and name my challage and as a result where to look for the sollution.
I'm trying to build an app where this problem will occur multiple times on various tables and I hoped not to get pulled into a lot of coding and scripts.
Here we go:
desired example structure looks like
- shops <1/many>> shopsXcontacts <<many/1> contacts
- shops <1/many>>shopsXcompanies<<many/1> companies
- companies <1/many>> contacts
- Shops contain = name, fysical address, etc
- Contacts = names, personal conatct details, role/function
- Companies = names, Company _Type, legal details & address
- Company_Type makes the difference between 'own' shops, customers and suppliers.
I have created a webpage that shows on Shop level (per shop):
- own legal details plus intercompany relationships (holdings etc) in tables (reports)
- all companies that are customers in a table (report)
- all companies that are suppliers in a table (report)
I like to to the same for the contacts listed per shop:
- contacts that are related to the own shop (=legal entity =staff)
- Contacts that are related to companies with type "supplier"
- Contacts that are related to companies with type "Customer"
Trying this I thought to create a report in the table shopsXContac where I created a report that shows the related company ID but not the related company_type content which I need to use as a filter to seperate staff, end customers and suppling contacts.
When I do this the column remains blank and there seems to be some kind of loop error: <columns from a related table> | select table companies | select Company_Type | message "The field Company_Type's path can't be resolved"
I consider two workarounds but prefer to solve as above if this cannot be solved in another way.
1) create 3 different table for the different company types
2) use a role/type field in the shopsXcontacs table.
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions
(and a merry X-Mas)