Forum Discussion

PaulVorster1
Qrew Cadet
7 years ago

Save and Submit Button on Mobile

Hi All, I am trying to complete my "Save and Submit" button on the mobile app, to save comments and file attachments.  I have created the button, and it works well on the desktop. I can edit record, click on the button and it saves the record and redirect to homepage.  However on the mobile app, the button works only 50%, as when i click on the button, it reloads the form and present me with the standard save button, it doesnt save automatically and redirect back to homepage.  I need to clock on the standard save button at the bottom of the form to save and direct to homepage.
What is wrong with my url button code? or is this a limitation on quickbase mobile?

var text Update=URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?act=API_EditRecord&rid=" & ToText([Record ID#]) 
& "&_fid_9=" & 
"&apptoken=65zusbcixqngsbqnkhn39juqdk";

"<a  id='saveButton' class='Vibrant Primary' onclick='DoSaveAdd()' href='javascript:LinkAway(\"" & URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=showpage&pageid=452" & "\");' >Submit & Save</a>

3 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Try removing the
    onclick='DoSaveAdd()'  
    and just use the linkaway.

Keep in mind that the checkbox to 'save the parent automatically' needs to be checked in the table settings.
  • HI Matthew, thank you for responding, it is still not working.  What we actually need is to create a button that replicated the current save and close button, then it will resolve my issue.  I am not sure if you have access to this code, or can suggest how to do it?
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Formula-rich text:
    "<a class='Vibrant Success' onclick='DoSaveAdd()' href='#'>Save</a>"

Formula URL:
    "javascript:DoSaveAdd()"

I just pulled these from the 'magic buttons' app.