Forum Discussion

DanteTognoli
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

multiple reference proxy fields

Can you designate more than one field as a reference proxy to the same proxy field? The reference proxy field allows you to search by typing in a field and it narrows down your options as you type, whereas the normal lookup fields don't do that. Is it possible to recreate that feature in a normal lookup field or to create multiple copies of the lookup reference proxy field?

I've tried creating a second text(lookup) field that looks to the same field as the text (reference proxy) field but they don't have the same search capabilities.

------------------------------
Dante Tognoli

14 Replies

• can you clarify this

whereas the normal lookup fields don't do that.

There  are not two kinds of look up fields.  Only one.  Are you asking if a regular multiple choice drop down can behave the same way as a lookup field for that advance filtering as you type?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DanteTognoli
      Qrew Captain
      In the relationship screen there are two lookup fields. One says text(lookup) the other says text(reference proxy). In use they both do the same thing but the advanced search function only works for the reference proxy field. The simple answer is yes I would like advanced search functions in regular drop down muli-line text.

Dante Tognoli
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Why not just use the proxy field? 

Can you show me a screen shot of trying to use a non proxy lookup fields to choose a record.  That should not even be possible to even work.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com