Forum Discussion

EliCorp
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Creating a timeline (or graph) to show appointments by hour

I am trying to see if I can get a timeline by hour of client appointments with employees. I'll attach a image of layout that I'm looking for. I already have the scheduling side completely set up, so it shows appointments on the calendar, but I really need to see available times for setting up employee-client appointments.

I don't need anything less than 1 hour increments, but the native timeline chart only goes down to the day/week level. I am not a coder and am fairly new to QuickBase, but have been asked to try to create an app for our needs, so any help is appreciated. I read some other posts about highcharts, but I am not familiar enough with it, and am hoping for another way to do this.

4 Replies

• Hi Eli,

Currently we don't have a native timeline report that would display those appointments by the hour. It is possible one of our partners or coding savvy community members might be able to suggest something you could try. I would also suggest that if this is a need for your business and reporting in Quick Base that you submit the feedback to our User Voice. User Voice is a tool that our  Product Development team uses to track customer interest in new enhancements or features. The Quick Base User voice can most easily be accessed from the My Apps page in Quick Base by clicking on the orange Feedback tab that appears on the right of the page or at http://quickbase.uservoice.com by signing in with your Quick Base credentials.

If you also post a link to your User Voice feedback here in this thread other Community members with the same need would be able to vote and show their support as well to help it get attention. I'm sorry there isn't a tool or workaround I can suggest for this one but thank you for your time today. 
      EliCorp
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks for getting back to me Evan. I cannot sign into the uservoice with my credentials. Not sure what the issue is. I'd love to provide feedback about how helpful an hourly timeline would be.

Evan, do you know of anyone (a coding savvy community member) who would be able to create some kind of work around for this? Without this hourly timeline integration, the app I have developed really doesn't do the things I need it to do to effectively manage my team and client scheduling.

I have a wonderful calendar for appointments using a form I created so I can see when clients have made appointments with our team members. However, I can't really utilize it without knowing who on my team is available during the morning or afternoon to meet with clients. With 25+ team members, trying to parse through the 60+ appointments a day to try to figure it out is just too cumbersome.
      Is there something else I can use? Maybe something in reports I can use instead? Charts perhaps? Any guidance is most appreciated!!

• You can contact Veil/Sun.  They have an add on that allows for a drag and drop scheduler tool.  MCF may also have one.
  • Hi Eli,
    we have an add-on as well for viewing data in a schedule type view.  Its also interactive so any changes you make while in the Scheduler are made back to Quick Base

we have a demo app so you can try it yourself.
    https://juicedtech.quickbase.com/db/berhru985

just click the link in the center of the dashboard to open the Scheduler

Keith