Forum Discussion

ZintJoseph
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

Is it possible to overlay a drawings with fields from a record

I am being asked if the following is possible.....

• Setup a project with a set of tasks
  • Take a drawing of a building and overlay the status of said tasks as a status (Red, Yellow, Green
  • Be able to click on that drawing and have it take you to the list of tasks for that area to see an overall status of completion
  • I am assuming at this point each project would be the same layout so the task overlay would be based on record ID of the project and the related tasks. 
  • I would then just clone the project to bring in everything from a template project

8 Replies

• I want to now expand on this....

I am looking to load a standard image of a floor plan. I then want to create a template project with a template set of tasks. Each task will have a set of sub tasks. As these sub tasks are completed, the overall task percentage will be updated. I want to overlay each task for a project onto the drawing in its respective location.

When a project is selected, I want a URL button that will take the customer to the drawing and show each task as a color for percentage complete. When the customer clicks on a task, they will be taken to the report of sub tasks where they will see the details.

Is this possible using an image map.
    MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    This would be a bit of a bear with a normal formula text field with an image.

You could do any overlay setup with some code and then use the IOL to show it.

(Thats if I'm understanding your ask completely)
  • I want to load an image as a background and then be able to draw on top of it and save it. Basically an HTML5 canvas with an image in the background.
      HarrisonHersch2
      Qrew Member
      Hah yea. I'm not with MCF any more but remember this one pretty well. It was actually originally used for a company that rented office space and we had to overlay tenant details on top of the floor plan. I think even had some interest from some apartment or housing complexes at one point.
      HarrisonHersch2
      Qrew Member
      Great question. MCFTech also has a "drawing" tool that allows people to draw on a blank canvas and store that data back to Quick Base. It was designed for mobile workers who needed to draw out engineering plans. I _think_ it can be modified to start with an image. So tool 1 generates your floorplan and tool 2 grabs that image and allows you to draw on it. This could be made somewhat seamless and is not an inappropriate architecture to have two different solutions combined.